BESA Commitment to Data Privacy Protection
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to BESA; therefore, we conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws on data privacy protection and data security. The policy outlined below will help you understand what data BESA may collect, how it uses and safeguards that data and with whom we may share it.
Through the Web sites, BESA will not collect any personal data about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with this information through your consent or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data.
Purpose of Use
When you do provide us with personal data, we always use it to respond to your inquiry, process your order or provide you access to specific information or offers. We may also use your personal data to support our customer relationship with you:
- we may store and process personal data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to better understand your business needs and how we can improve our products and services; or
- We may use personal data to contact you about BESA offer in support of your business needs or to conduct online surveys to understand better our customers' needs.
If you choose not to have your personal data used to support our customer relationship, we will respect your choice. We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties.
BESA will collect, use or disclose personal data supplied by you only for the purposes disclosed to you, unless the disclosure:
- is a use of the personal data for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected,
- is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you,
- is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities,
- is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defence,
- Is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as wilful attacks on BESA information technology systems.
Communications or Utilization Data
Through your use of telecommunications services to access our Web site, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to personal data. To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
When you access our Web site, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name). We may use this data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to monitor the attractiveness of our Web site and improve its performance or content.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, BESA uses technical and organizational security measures.
Links to Other Web Sites
BESA Web site contains links to other Web sites. BESA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web sites.
Questions and Comments
BESA will respond to reasonable requests to review your personal data and to correct, amend or delete any inaccuracies. If you have any questions or comments about the BESA Data Privacy Protection Policy, please contact us. As the Internet matures, so will our Data Privacy Protection Policy. We will post changes to our Data Privacy Protection Policy on this page. Please check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.